South India Book Agency (SIBA)
Our website address: http://southindiabookagency.com/
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- At SIBA, we deeply value your right to privacy. We uphold this by asking you only for the bare minimum information we need to deliver your books to you.
- Any additional data collected above and beyond this is solely for the purpose of analytics which we use to gauge the performance of our website from time to time. An internal audit if you will.
- Your personal information is stored in secure databases and various digital and physical measurements are taken to prevent data breaches.
- We have invested in additional SSL certificates to ensure all the data transfers that take place from our servers to your browser are via highly secure encrypted channels. Transmission of data such as card details, account login information or any other sensitive information will be encrypted to prevent eavesdropping. This can be verified by observing the “lock” symbol beside our website name in your URL search bar along with the HTTPS suffix.
- We also assure you that data collected by us is not sold, leased or shared with any third party.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.